FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Club Relay comes to the Scottish Region

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club Relay comes to the Scottish Region
    Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 7:34pm
I am starting this thread to record the progress of the 100 years of BMW Club Relay from  it arrival in Scotland to John o Groats.

The Cumbrian Region Chairperson Stuart Roberts drove all the way up to meet us today at the German Car Show at Knockhill to hand over the now well travelled baton.
We had a fantastic turns out of around 22 members cars putting on fantastic stand which did the region proud as always with the high standard of cars. We all had an enjoyable day at and Gary Morgan's E30 Evo won car of the show and our fantastic stand won 2nd prize trophy in the best club of the day category. (We should have got first btw!!!) LOL
Thanks go to everyone who attended and who dropped by the stand showing lots of interest in the cars and the region.Clap

I will add photos to this thread as we go through the events this month recording the travels of the baton through Scotland. Feel free to add yours as well!

Edited by issy - 03 Jul 2016 at 7:36pm
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

gary View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 7:07pm
Cracking pics maw

NeRo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 8:49pm
A couple of photos of Stuart handing over the baton to Issy 

Edited by NeRo - 04 Jul 2016 at 8:53pm

SRoberts View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRoberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 9:21pm
Great photos
Stu.
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 10:31pm
Well its been an eventfully couple of weeks since the relay came to Scotland.
The Baton has attended Eastern BMW

The Glamis Extravaganza Classic Car show

and the Scottish Car show at Ingliston

but tomorrow it makes its final leg of the relay to John o'Groats.
Cambell, Tommy (Shorty), Elaine and myself are making an early start for the 600 mile round trip. We hope to get some nice photos along the way to record in the scrapbook. We will be off course travelling in style!
Once the relay is completed we will be return the Baton to The National Festival at Gaydon in August.

Issy

Edited by issy - 22 Jul 2016 at 10:31pm
George K View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 11:13pm
Have a great trip, looking forward to the photos.
gazza4266 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza4266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 4:37pm
Great pics well done Gary.
ruggedscot View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruggedscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 7:07pm
As per usual great pictures all round....
Scratching the itch for roofless motoring one mile at a time....

E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 12:00am
Well we did it! Approx 741 miles later the relay was completed! Here is a teaser picture until i get myself organised and do a full report! Thanks to Cambell for taking the M5 and also letting me drive and to Tommy (Shorty) and Elaine for keeping us company!Clap

This photo was taken by Cambell at 4.07am to avoid the crowds and ensure we could get up near to the sign post!!! Shocked

Edited by issy - 03 Aug 2016 at 12:04am
mfan View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 12:43pm
Great photo... Nice car!
Where's my BMW personal Jet Pack?
shorty View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 5:38pm
Thumbs Up was a good wee run out & cant wait to see the pics Smile
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by shorty shorty wrote:

Thumbs Up was a good wee run out & cant wait to see the pics Smile
You mean the ones of my fingers digging in to the dash as Issy took some of those corners ??
mfan View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 9:58am
Custom sculpted dash eh? Big smile
Assuming you took the A9, 99 the run north of Inverness to Wick is a lovey drive on a good day. My wife worked in Wick for some time a while back, we were up and down that road a lot. That's when I had the E28 M5  Smile

Edited by mfan - 04 Aug 2016 at 9:59am
Where's my BMW personal Jet Pack?
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:16am
Originally posted by mfan mfan wrote:

Custom sculpted dash eh? Big smile
Assuming you took the A9, 99 the run north of Inverness to Wick is a lovey drive on a good day. My wife worked in Wick for some time a while back, we were up and down that road a lot. That's when I had the E28 M5  Smile

We had a great drive up through Glencoe to Inverness, avoiding the speed cameras on the A9 then the A9 to Wick. Just beautiful although it got a bit foggy the further north we went!

Post Reply Post Reply