FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Club magazine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rix313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Club magazine
    Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 1:56pm
Hi all, my name is Rich Harrison, E30 owner and massive fan. I've been a member of the club for a year now. Receiving the monthly magazine it seems that the E30 register doesn't have mich of a presence. I've been speaking to Neil and I would really to see every month, some write ups, stories etc about projects, shows, trips, anything E30 related. I intend to put something together about my cars in time for the next magazine and it would be great if other owners did the same.

I look forward to seeing what we can do. Feel free to post here for advice or questions.

Edited by Rix313 - 08 Sep 2016 at 1:56pm
E30 318iS road car
E30 318iS race car
F21 118D Msport LCI
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

E30sanchez View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E30sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 7:01pm
I work in my car and to take pics. Only thing is my ongoing resto/keeping her alive work is so long term the e90 will be a classic when I get enough work done.
E30sanchez View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E30sanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 7:02pm
I do enjoy the e21 Baur blog.
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:14pm
I agree, I would like to see more about members restorations and adventures
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Mike Fishwick View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:56am
Yes, but not if they are too long!  A punchy article spread over no more than two issues - describing the high and low points -  has more impact than one spread over many months.  For example, just look at the recent everlasting tale of  Ferrari ownership, and the current story of prolonged BMW ownership - I could not even be bothered to yawn my way through them.

The kind of thing which would  transform such articles would have been some information about reliability, service and spares costs, and general practicality, not to mention details such as handling, usable performance etc. 

Edited by Mike Fishwick - 04 Oct 2016 at 11:35am
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:32pm
Horses for courses. A good variety is what we want.
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Mike Fishwick View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 10:20am
Don't be disappointed if your article is not published in the next issue of the magazine - it is usually planned well in advance, so unless an article if of a topical nature, it will just have to take its turn.  Take your time, re-reading and refining it several times - you will always find something worth changing - I know that I do!
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
thepony View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 5:17pm
I have also noted the lack of E30 content. Would love to see something published about the 325i SPORT models and what makes them so sought after and special.
steveH View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Concours Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 8:55pm
At long last Rix 313 has picked up the gauntlet and I for one wish him ever success.
The e30 Register has been in the doldrums for what seems like many years now and whilst I have respect, and a degree of sympathy fro Neil Mac, it is a shadow or the Register when our friend Ron Parish ran it.

Every month there was something, just as Mike F said, short, punchy, informative and a general good read.

So no pressure then Smile
Tell it how it is the Northern way.
Cabrio View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

E30 Register & Competition Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabrio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 10:45pm
There are regular requests for news and articles and as it happens we are doing an article on an E30 rallying at Snetterton this weekend

If anyone who loves E30s wants to write an article they are welcome

Send it in let's publish it

Steve Bostock was also working on a Nstional event and we have also earmarked the Germsn Festivsl at Brands In August as a meet

We also have some new plans for Gaydon near the the museum so add your names to those lists

I eagerly await your input if you own or are interested in E30s
E30 Register joint coordinator - Competition Secretary - Contact name Neil for PM and Email - cabrio_e30@yahoo.co.uk - be aware addicted to E numbers
 Post Reply Post Reply