FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

My new E3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new E3
    Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 5:35pm

Hi, just got my E3 project with the aim to get it mechanically sorted and get back on the road. I will restore the bodywork at a later stage. The boot boards are missing so wondering if anyone has a spare set?

One of the Zeniths is flooding so hopefully not too much to get her running before going through the brakes.
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

keith912 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 5:56pm
I bought the other one on eBay so now should be able to get my LHD white E3 back on the road quite easily
Dan_M View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 6:05pm
Lovely shape. Best of luck with it.
E30 318is. Cotswold region (Cheltenham).
keith912 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 5:06pm
Thanks Dan
richardbaxter View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardbaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 2:02pm
Keith

The white one will be a match to the one I own (presently resting on the rotisserie). 

Also white and LHD with a 2500 manual box and blue velour interior
keith912 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 4:56pm
Excellent! Mine has a 5 speed gearbox but I have not looked close enough to determine if original or an upgrade. They do look good in white.

Thanks Richard good to know others are out there

Keith

Edited by keith912 - 04 Jan 2017 at 5:33pm
keith912 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 2:37pm
More photos to follow but got the white car on the ramp today and very impressed with the underside! Not sure if South of France car as very very solid with floor coating intact. I was going to fit new exhaust but noticed propshaft centre bearing is worn out and prop is sitting on the bracket. You have to remove the exhaust to get the prop out so will have to do that first.

Brake calipers to be changed out next and then UK registration.

Edited by keith912 - 02 Feb 2017 at 2:39pm
richardbaxter View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardbaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 3:57pm
keith - I sent my brake calipers away for replating in the original yellow pas finish - look like new!
keith912 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 4:34pm
The blue one has a rebuilt set fitted so going to swap them over just to keep costs down for now. I may end up restoring the blue E3 one day but screen frame rust is pretty bad.
keith912 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 6:58pm

Underside shot, will need a bit of surface rust removal and treatment before going into regular use on our roads

Edited by keith912 - 03 Feb 2017 at 6:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply