FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

The Highland Fling 2017 - 13th - 16th October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Highland Fling 2017 - 13th - 16th October
    Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:32pm
SOLD OUT

The Scottish Region is proud to present the return of the Highland Fling.....

Following the huge success of the Highland Fling in 2015 we have once again secured a fantastic package with the hotel in the Highlands near Loch Lomond and Glencoe to bring you the Highland Fling 2017. Once again we have booked out the whole hotel and we would like to invite members to come up and join us.

The details are as follows....

Date – 13th – 16th October 2017

Included in the package is 3 nights dinner B&B with a buffet on Friday night, a Cèilidh on the Saturday night after dinner, kilts are optional plus whiskey tasting in the hotel on the Sunday evening! The team are going to plan routes for both the Saturday and Sunday drives with plenty places of interest. However should you prefer to do your own thing you are free to spend the weekend as you wish. There will be plenty local knowledge to advise you on where to go if required.

Prices –

3 nights Diner B&B - £109 per person (2 sharing a room)
3 nights Diner B&B - £154 single (single supplement)

Additional nights will be available on arrangement with the hotel.

Booking –

Bookings should be made direct to the hotel and given the excellent deal we have secured full payment will be required at the time of booking which will be non refundable.

Are you a paid up member of the car club? Interested?

Please email bmwccscottishregion@gmail.com with your name, membership number and contact number, then you will be sent the details of the hotel and full instructions on how to book.

Note: Please do not attempt to contact the hotel direct without sending an email to me first as you will require the special pre arranged booking code to secure your place.

Remember we expect this event to sell out quickly as there has already been a lot of interest in it so don’t delay to send your email into me. I will respond in the order that emails are received then it’s down to you to follow the instructions to secure your place..

Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread.

Issy

Scottish Region Chairperson

Edited by issy - 27 Sep 2017 at 4:17pm
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

K3OVN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3OVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:45pm
Email has been sent to you/stated email address, cheers issy 👍

Edited by K3OVN - 14 Mar 2017 at 9:46pm
shorty View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 10:04pm
E mail sent Thumbs Up
ruggedscot View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruggedscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 10:13pm
e mail sent
Scratching the itch for roofless motoring one mile at a time....

E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 10:39pm
This has been on the forum an hour and 20 spaces are spoken for! This is going to sell out quicker than last time I think!
If you want to go DO NOT DELAY!!!
garyw 35 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyw 35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:28am
email sent Big smile
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 7:59am
Might have to give it a miss this year, really enjoyed the last one so will be gutted to miss this one. Have fun you lot!

Think about what you can do for the club, not what it can do for you...
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:54am
Originally posted by dteagles dteagles wrote:

Might have to give it a miss this year, really enjoyed the last one so will be gutted to miss this one. Have fun you lot!
That's a shame Darren maybe next time! Big smile
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:03am
To everyone who has sent an email in for this event...... thank you! The response has been amazing and I expect all the places to be filled very soon! So if you are thinking you would like to go do not delay and get your email in!
I will respond as soon as I can but please remember I work full time so I will be only be dealing with this in the evenings.
I hope to get a response with the booking instructions to everyone who has shown an interest either tomorrow night or over the weekend due to other commitments. Don't worry, if you have sent me an email you will get a reply.

Many thanks
Issy

Col Motherwell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Col Motherwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 3:29pm
e-mail sent .

Fingers crossed we get a space !
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Col Motherwell Col Motherwell wrote:

e-mail sent .

Fingers crossed we get a space !

30 places spoken for you are no 28 on the list! Watch out for the booking email either tomorrow night or over the weekend. Wink
Mon the fish View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mon the fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 8:34am
Wish I could come on this but it I'm doing the Amsterdam marathon that weekend.

I suspect you all might be having more fun than me LOL
Alan210564 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan210564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 9:44pm
HI issy

e mail sent thanks Alan & Alan Tongue
Alan Pellow E31 840ci
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Alan210564 Alan210564 wrote:

HI issy

e mail sent thanks Alan & Alan Tongue

Hey
I haven't received it! Can you send it again please to this address bmwccscottishregion@gmail.com?
Thanks
Issy
garyw 35 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyw 35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 7:08pm
I sent one too issy, hope you've received it. I did get an automated reply

Edited by garyw 35 - 17 Mar 2017 at 7:09pm
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:05pm
All emails received. Hopefully get the booking details out over the weekend! It's been a busy week!
Paul.R View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
Scottish Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul.R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:18am
😢
E39 M5/ E46 M3/ F15 X5
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by issy issy wrote:

All emails received. Hopefully get the booking details out over the weekend! It's been a busy week!

Ok so I had a busy weekend too! so hopefully will get the emails out over the next couple of evenings. Confused
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:04pm
All people who have contacted me showing interest in this event have been sent a booking email tonight. Big smile
Dont forget to follow the instructions in this email.....ready steady go........ get booking! Tongue

Only 4 rooms left so if you want to go please email me asap Wink

bmwccscottishregion@gmail.com

K3OVN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3OVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:09pm
got the email issy, cheers for getting it all organised and pulled together, will be getting it booked up tomorrow :)
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by K3OVN K3OVN wrote:

got the email issy, cheers for getting it all organised and pulled together, will be getting it booked up tomorrow :)

No problem Kevin! Big smile

issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:16pm
Guys on thing to just bear in mind is that everyone will be calling tomorrow so if you don't get through or if they say the computer is down don't wait on them calling you back. Its going to be a busy couple of days for them until everyone gets booked so just keep trying. You have until Friday to get booked and let me know if you have any issues!

Issy Hug

issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 8:53pm
Bookings have been flying in today! Clap

garyw 35 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyw 35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by issy issy wrote:

Bookings have been flying in today! Clap

That was quick Clap
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:01pm
I have received a cancellation for this event. If anyone would like to take the place please see the information in the OP and send me the email and I will arrange you to take the place. Payment is required in full to book.Dont delay as i expect this to go quickly.

Cheers
Issy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruggedscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 11:59pm

Due to unforeseen circumstances there has been a cancellation on this which means that there is a space available at the hotel for a club member that wish to attend this event, The booking for the event is for a couple, and as such this is now up for anyone is interested.

I have checked with the hotel and they will allow the booking to be changed so that another person can go. If you are interested it is a club event and Isabelle will need to be informed along with myself so that this can be arranged, and the booking changed over to the interested persons name. If you are interested and wish to attend then please let us know.

The booking was made for 3 nights Diner B&B costing £218

Gavin

Edited by ruggedscot - 17 Sep 2017 at 7:42am

E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 7:53am
Anyone interested in taking Gavins room MUST contact me via the email address in my original post on this thread and not through Gavin as I am reaching out through other avenues to fill the space. It will be first email to me get the space.
Thanks
Issy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruggedscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 9:29am
Issy - Thank you for your help and support in getting this sorted out. Much appreciated. Im just sorry that it is such short notice.

E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE
issy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:33pm
I have sent an email to all members who have booked for this event! So check you mailboxes!
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 5:38pm
Message received and understood....
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>