FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Scottish Car Show 16th July 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 4:34pm
That's up to them,
Like I said my space is paid for so just pay it forward 👍
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

gazza4266 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza4266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 7:07pm
Looking forward to meeting you guys again from sunny Essex.shame more are not going but it will be good anyway.let us know meeting point keV.maybe the Mac Donalds like last year as we are staying close by.
K3OVN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3OVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:55pm
Right everyone with the show this coming Sunday I have received all tickets and stand passes!!

We will be meeting at the loanhead drive road just next to Eastern BMW, see the map below, I have marked the area with a star.

This will be a better meeting point then McDonalds hopefully making it easier to get on to the main round about to then access the show, meeting time will be 7.15am, leaving for latest 7.30am, we have to be in the show ground no later than 8.30am, last year it took 50 minutes to go the short journey due to Ingliston due to the volume of traffic, with the show being 2 days this year it might be less traffic but its not a chance I want to take.

If anyone has any questions of needs any help drop me a PM :) 
K3OVN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3OVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by gazza4266 gazza4266 wrote:

Looking forward to meeting you guys again from sunny Essex.shame more are not going but it will be good anyway.let us know meeting point keV.maybe the Mac Donalds like last year as we are staying close by.

Look forward to seeing you also Gary, yes it is a massive shame, the lack of support from regular members & committee members has been massively disappointing.

Please see my latest post for meeting point details.

Cheers

Kev
gary View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:09pm
See you at 0715. 

I have the flags
K3OVN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3OVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

See you at 0715. 

I have the flags

Perfect Gary thank you, I just messaged Issy, but if you've got them thats great, see you sunday mate.

Cheers

Kev
gazza4266 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza4266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:46pm
Me and my lady are staying at Norton hotel and spa sat night and Sunday night so an easier weekend.be good to see you all again.see you Sunday 7.15 kev
Honeyman328 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeyman328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 8:08pm
See you all there.

Edited by Honeyman328 - 14 Jul 2017 at 8:09pm
K3OVN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3OVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 10:02pm
Car is looking good mate, which club are you in with? 😊
Honeyman328 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeyman328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 8:07am
Cheers.

My mate from work started a club called 'Street kings'.. mostly jap rubbish so I am there for the Germans all weekend.
steven1410st View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven1410st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 9:37pm
I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss this now due to me going to pick up the car from what is supposed to be secure storage and finding 2 windows smashed on the car if it's not too late someone else can have my space can someone let Kevin know if he doesn't see this
I live with fear everyday but sometimes she let's me go to car shows
K3OVN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K3OVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by steven1410 steven1410 wrote:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss this now due to me going to pick up the car from what is supposed to be secure storage and finding 2 windows smashed on the car if it's not too late someone else can have my space can someone let Kevin know if he doesn't see this

Aw man I'm so sorry to hear this mate, I'll try and get someone to take your tickets and if I get money I'll forward it on to you, alternatively feel free to come get your 2x adults band and 1x kid band off me tomorrow morning.
ruggedscot View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruggedscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 11:06pm
Sorry to hear this Steven, what is it with cretins that do damage like this to folks cars ? not pleasant at all. any redress from the secure storage folks ?
Scratching the itch for roofless motoring one mile at a time....

E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven1410st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:44am
Managed to get windows replaced yesterday luckily my work had a pair,spoke to my mate that was at the unit he said people thought the car was for scrap when he caught them at it if he hadn't the damage would have been worse
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 7:13am

my mate that was at the unit he said people thought the car was for scrap when he caught them at it if he hadn't the damage would have been worse
So is every other car at the unit a 2017 Lamborghini ? There is no way that your car looks like its scrap. What on earth makes these people think they have the right to damage people's property ? I hope you are pursuing the owner of the unit for some kind of compensation or at least finding out who did the damage and having a "quiet word". 

I'm really glad you got it sorted though. 
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven1410st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

my mate that was at the unit he said people thought the car was for scrap when he caught them at it if he hadn't the damage would have been worse
So is every other car at the unit a 2017 Lamborghini ? There is no way that your car looks like its scrap. What on earth makes these people think they have the right to damage people's property ? I hope you are pursuing the owner of the unit for some kind of compensation or at least finding out who did the damage and having a "quiet word". 

I'm really glad you got it sorted though. 
the unit it was stored in was full of caravans and camper vans it was at the yard where I used to do my banger racing from so other people presumed thats what my car was for needless to say it wont be going back there so im on the look out for somewhere else for storage as the car is currently lying in my street
gary View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by K3OVN K3OVN wrote:

Originally posted by gazza4266 gazza4266 wrote:

Look forward to seeing you also Gary, yes it is a massive shame, the lack of support from regular members & committee members has been massively disappointing.

Please see my latest post for meeting point details.

Cheers

Kev

Kev what is it you think the region could have done. If it is about people attending the show then if someone doesn't want to go then thats their prerogative.

It was advertised in the mag and on here. There was an article in the mag about it and there were about 12 cars on the stand, along with the flags........Not much more is done for any other show other than having the gazebo, which was not required as the weather was good.

Only 4 went to silverstone along with the flags 

This a hobby mate not a place where you must go to like work

ruggedscot View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruggedscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 12:21am
The club is something that I really enjoy, its a good mix of guys and some nice cars aswell, but there are so many shows and meets that it can get awkward with other commitments, Im missing a few this few weeks as have other arrangements and these have to be attended to. its unfortunate that ignition fell into this weekend as I really do want to go. Ive always found the shows/meets good and people have gone when they can,  This month being really busy they have cancelled the monthly meet due to lack of numbers. it happens.

I was lucky in that I worked shifts until recently, now doing 9-5 5 days a week really puts tightners on the weekends - so ive not been able to attend as many shows meets as I would have liked. I made the effort to go to the Scottish car show as never had the chance before and Silverstone and Gaydon this year were not possible. Its very much a who turns up on the day type of thing.

I love cars, love BMWs and anything two seats and topless really floats my boat, have had some really great meets over the years but I cant commit to every one much as id love too.
Scratching the itch for roofless motoring one mile at a time....

E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12