Join the Club
Forum Home Forum Home > General Club Forum > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

New Forum members introduce yourself here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 36>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Frostie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frostie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:10pm
Hi guys n gals . New to the forum but not to owning bm's as I have been a enthusiast for past 10+ years . Mainly old 5 series but have owned plenty of other models . My latest is a 1992 E34 M5 that has been 3/4 restored back to original condition and I have further plans on finishing it off back to showroom condition ..

Thanks Jason
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Dan_M View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Frostie Frostie wrote:

Hi guys n gals . New to the forum but not to owning bm's as I have been a enthusiast for past 10+ years . Mainly old 5 series but have owned plenty of other models . My latest is a 1992 E34 M5 that has been 3/4 restored back to original condition and I have further plans on finishing it off back to showroom condition ..

Thanks Jason

Hi, nice sounding cars. I've just joined recently too.
E30 318is. Cotswold region (Cheltenham).
Cambell View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 6:28pm
Welcome guys, Have a check and see what your region is up to in the respective regions sections.

Enjoy the Club. Thumbs Up
Aidan View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 1:32pm
Hi all,

I joined the club last week and thought I would say Hi Smile My car is an e46 318i SE as pictured below. I look forward to meeting you all at different events throughout the year. 

Aidan

Edited by Aidan - 16 Feb 2017 at 1:46pm
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:40pm
Nice E46. Welcome !
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Howard View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 12:30am
Hi Aiden. Welcome to the club. Depending on just where in Lincolnshire you live you could be in Eastern or East Anglian Region. Keep an eye out on the events list on our web site to see whats on.

http://www.bmwcarclubgb.uk/events

Events are also posted on the forum, on facebook and in the newsletter and magazine.Smile
1988 635csi,
2002 E39 525i, 2001 E38 740i
2003 E39 525i motorsport
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 7:32am
Welcome to the forum, Good looking car there Aidan Thumbs Up  
Many shows coming up. May day Monday Thoresby Hall, Notts and Doncaster show 2nd July may be of interest and of course The National festival at Gaydon 13th August. 
Paul 2003 Z4 2.5 Sterling grey
2018 320i GT M sport Estoril Blue
In love with driving again
Chezsherman View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chezsherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 12:14pm
Hi everyone,

I've just joined the club/forum over the weekend. I've been a BMW owner for about 3years but a member of another forum for the same time. I've just upgraded from a z4 e85 2.0i sport to a e89 20i msport. With the upgrade I thought it about time I invest in the bmwcc. Hopefully I will be able to make my regional monthly meets and driving days or shows they have organised.

Craig.

Edited by Chezsherman - 13 Mar 2017 at 12:15pm
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 8:15pm
Welcome. Check out the NE forum for events, or have a look at our facebook group. We have quite a few Z4s for you to play with...
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Coxon1972 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coxon1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 8:34pm
Hi,

I'm Glynn.

I recently bought my first BMW e46 330D Touring.
I liked it so much I bought an e46 M3 Coupe too!
Happy days!
Hope to go to a few shows etc.
Howard View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:09pm
Hi Chezcherman,
You will be very welcome at the North East Meets. Michael Barron who is  your regional chairman has a great program of meets and events during the next year. I sometimes drive the 100 or so miles to join him.
Great Region.
Drive well.

1988 635csi,
2003 E39 525i motorsport
iDavidson2 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iDavidson2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 6:03pm
Hey my name is Davidson and to confuse everyone my second name is Davidson too. You will understand why I generally use Davidson2 and most call me D2.

I have had 1 classic Mini and 13 Mini's since BMW's launch in 2002, in fact I was the first Driving Instructor to use a Mini Cooper. I have now 'grown up', (but not old enough to drive a Volvo), so I went for my first Beamer 1 Series. Which is the best and most comfortable car I have ever had!

The downside is after being in several Mini Clubs and joined or led many events/runs, the community spirit & participation is very lacklustre so far and I find that disappointing, but there's time for plenty to change and I look forward to seeing a lot of you on meets and future events.

P.S: Massive fan of BTCC for around 10 years, support WSR & the BMW's, which had a little influence on my purchase I think. Off to Knockhill, Croft & VIP Rockingham this year.
Nofearclint View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nofearclint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 9:36am
Hi everybody. Im jason from derby. Just got myself a very nice 535. Loving it ! Always been a bmw fan..but went down other roads including a mustang but have left the dark side and come back to the good side.
MandyJ View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:12pm
Just wanted to say hello. I've just joined and I'm in the Devon region. Got my first BMW 21 years ago and not deviated from the brand since then. My current car apparently is a 'marmite' car, I love it and thats all that matters...... I am proud to have an X6 xDrive40, I live rural and on a farm with surrounding farms so have my fair share of cow 💩 to wash off but he scrubs up well!!
Hope to get to meet some of you soon
Mandy
Roger123 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by MandyJ MandyJ wrote:

... so have my fair share of cow 💩 to wash off but HE scrubs up well!!
Hope to get to meet some of you soon
Mandy

Hello and welcome to the club!  How about posting a pic when HE is all nice and clean!  LOL
Maybe see you at Gaydon on 13th August...?

Stayfrosty View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stayfrosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 7:10pm
Hi all, I'm Adam from Cape Town, now living in Edinburgh.
I've been stalking an E30 touring for some time and finally chatted to the owner this morning and he recommended for me to head this way.

I own a '72 BMW 2002 back home and am looking to buy an E30 touring over here.
I look forward to meeting some people from here and attending events. If you know of any E30 tourings coming up for sale please let me know.

NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Stayfrosty Stayfrosty wrote:

I've been stalking an E30 touring for some time 
Nice mental image ! Your '02 looks a very smart car, you must be missing it. Good luck with the Touring hunt.
Z3XSTAGMAN View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z3XSTAGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:26am
Hi,

Just a quick hello from a new member. Bought my first Z3 at the weekend and v. excited. Year 2000 wide body 2.8 manual in Topaz. (Pictures and more details to follow). My Forum name might point you to the fact that my last classic / weekender was a Stag. Previously other Triumphs owned were a Spitfire, Dolomites (x3) including x2 Sprints, and pick of the bunch an Injection Tr6.

I wanted a more modern classic that I could use almost every day if I wanted, fun to drive and great looking, so that's where the Z comes in. Impressed with MPG on the run home - about 34 according to the OBC. Smile

All the best for now. Thumbs Up

Matt.
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 3:39pm
Welcome Matt from a fellow Z3 owner (more miles per smiles) Sure you will enjoy the Z a usable classic
Paul 2003 Z4 2.5 Sterling grey
2018 320i GT M sport Estoril Blue
In love with driving again
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:27pm
Welcome from an another ex-Triumph driver. My 325i Convertible is like a grown up Vitesse convertible, and my Z4 Coupe is a grown up GT6. You'll be happy with your choice.
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z3XSTAGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:45pm
Cheers mate
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z3XSTAGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:54pm
I was considering a 6-cyl 3 series convertible and also  a z4 so I approve of your selections. I have the ding man (PDR) coming in the morning as my doors as my better half described them are looking like egg boxes! wish me well comrades. Cry
anguswolfendale View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anguswolfendale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:39pm

Hi, Angus here: 
I have recently taken up club membership again after a lapse of a few years.  I have owned a 840 Ci Sport since 2004 - the only one manufactured in Imola Red exterior with Imola Red and Lotus White interior trim.  I recently have had it resprayed (in original colour of course) and I am looking forward to attending events this summer and getting some mileage under my belt.  

Modifications include: 
3.91 LSD (Greatly improved acceleration and cornering)
Uprated Anti-roll bars (of 850 CSI)
Fast-flow 100-cell Cat custom stainless exhaust system. (Cybox - Wirral)
Full Respray (Colourspray - Wirral)

I live in Mid-Wales and there is a dearth of BMW owners around - shout out if you are nearby to SY21 and want to meet up.  Looking forward to meeting other members at events.

Edited by cre8 - 26 May 2017 at 8:55pm
Steveward View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 8:23pm
Hi new to the site so hello all. I have just got my first Mini Cooper and need abit of help I had to take the head off and change the gasket in doing so I unplugged all the wires to allow the injection rail to clear the connection block at the front of the engine case under the inlet manifold has a single red wire coming off it I think it goes to the air con pump my mini doesn't have air con am I to believe this is just norm one wiring loom for all models ? And this wire is not connected to anything ? Hope you can help
Thanks
Steve
Damo View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm
Hello, thanks for the add, my name's Damian and I'm back in a BMW once again. In my 11 years of driving Im on my 29th car and this is my 6th BMW and strangely I've only ever bought black ones apart from my old Z3. I still have a soft spot for JDM cars but I needed a better daily to replace my fiesta. It's a 320d m-sport. Stupidly I didn't research beyond parkers guide the model as I just assumed BMW reliability. I'm very worried about the timing chain and unfortunately in the history there is no record of it being done, even by BMW. Anyway, apart from the worry I'm enjoying it!

mattimj View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattimj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:24pm
Hi guys

New member here. I've just moved back to BMW having had a Jaguar XF for a couple of years, but you just can't beat the feel of a beemer.
I'm really keen to get involved with the BMW CC, I've just bought my ticket to my first event in August, can't wait. Applied to be with the BMW 7 series register as I've now got a 730ld (hamann edition)

Cheers
Matt
issus View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:45pm
Fantastic looking car - Steve Hamblyn will be jealous.
E46 320d Sport Myst Blue 054 reg - probably the best BMW ever
Mantis View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mantis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 4:38pm
Hi All,

Thought I'd best introduce myself.

New to the older BMW's (had a one series a few years ago) now the owner of a silver 2002 e46 convertible (pics to follow).

I must say the engineering on the e46 is excellent, the build quality is superb and given the the car is knocking on it's a pleasure to drive (credit due to the previous owner).

//Users/bigmac/Desktop/Untitled.jpg
issus View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 5:20pm
Hello Mantis and yes the E46 is a splendid car! We hold our monthly meetings at "The Shouder of Mutton" Calaverton nr Stony Stratford see link please for details  http://shoulder-of-mutton-milton-keynes.co.uk/. You would be very welcome.
We hold these meetings on the 2nd Monday of each month - the next being the 11th Sept at 7.30pm. Normally we retire to the gardens particularly if the weather is pleasant as it was last night with 22 members present please see this link also: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMWCCCentralRegion
Just scroll down to see pics and comment. 
Regards and hope to see you soon.
E46 320d Sport Myst Blue 054 reg - probably the best BMW ever
Howard View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 8:04am
Welcome aboard Mantis. The E46 is one car that I have not had but always wanted. Have fun with it.Wink
1988 635csi,
2003 E39 525i motorsport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 36>