FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Your opinion of the BMW Direct store

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMW_Direct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your opinion of the BMW Direct store
    Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 3:32pm
Dear BMW Enthusiasts,

We want to know what you like about the BMW Direct eBay store, or if there is anything you feel is missing?

As you are all BMW enthusiasts we would greatly appreciate hearing your opinion, to enable us to improve the store further. We also understand how sometimes it can be hard to find parts for older BMWs, so we wanted to ask you what you would like to see on the store?

Whether it’s a hard to find part, or an accessory that you can’t seem to find anywhere, let us know and we can endeavour to make it available. You can also request items via the ‘Can’t find a product?’ form.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best wishes,

BMW Direct

Edited by BMW_Direct - 27 Feb 2014 at 3:33pm
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

thepits View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by BMW_Direct BMW_Direct wrote:

Dear BMW Enthusiasts,

We want to know what you like about the BMW Direct eBay store,

BMW Direct
Never heard of it Smile - if I want OEM I go to my dealer - sorry. Wink
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:55pm
Don't buy off E bay, also first I heard of it. I get all my Alpina parts and merchandise from Sytner Alpina Nottingham. If this is a genuine BMW site offering why do they need ebay? Just have their own on line purchasing?

Edited by Norrie - 27 Feb 2014 at 6:56pm
n
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:58pm
Just went on there does not even have Alpina cars listed total WOFT.
n
thepits View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

Don't buy off E bay, also first I heard of it. I get all my Alpina parts and merchandise from Sytner Alpina Nottingham. If this is a genuine BMW site offering why do they need ebay? Just have their own on line purchasing?
Mind you now I know it's there, if it's OEM, I'll compare prices Wink

But don't care.
rpennington View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 8:35pm
I have used the bmw direct site & yes it is genuine bmw with the normal 2 year warranty as they are a genuine dealer. I have had parts from them in the past with no problems at all & found them very helpful & what I did purchase from them was delivered very quickly. I would certainly use again in the future if my local dealer doesn't have what I need in stock at the time.

Rich
1999 E46 323i se Saloon - sold
2011 E90 325d msport - sold
2014 F30 335d xdrive msport plus pack
rob750 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 10:09pm
I am aware of it looked at it from time to time but haven't yet bought anything from it
Regards

Rob750
Alpina B10 Bi Turbo Upgraded by a lttle known German Tuning firm    
e31 850 CSI
e38 750 v12
e24 635
e24 M635
e36 M3 evo convertible
e36 328 convertible

Webdunk View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 9:03am
Have been aware of it since near launch. While I would have no problem using it, it seems pointless as there are cheaper places (including BMW dealers!) to get OEM parts. If it's on eBay, every part should have the maximum permissable discount applied to it by default.
Phil Rosenbloom View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Rosenbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 11:05am
Waste of time.
I bought a trickle charger a few days ago from Sytner BMW - BMW Genuine Car Trickle Battery Charger Conditioner 3.6A 230V UK 61432334070 and got my club discount of 10%.
This website is selling at £74 - I paid £66.61. And it was in stock.

Alpina B3S BT cabrio
Alpina D3 BT
Mike Fishwick View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Fishwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 12:34pm
As Phil discovered, you can frequently buy fomr a local dealer for less than frm Ebay etc - but these days there are so many people who cannot imagine buying nayhting from anywhere else by Ebay!

They are frequently bewildered when they find that Ebay vendors do not sell an obscure part, and often pay more to order on line from the USA than their local dealer would have done.   When advised to buy rfom a dealer they seem to have never thought of such a thing.   That's 'progress' I suppose.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
safe1 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member
BMWCC Club President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote safe1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 6:52pm

NO Mike-----Its possibly the reputation that the dealerships were the LAST place to consider buying spares from--due to Mega prices.

The internet and many outlets have transformed the parts world, and NOW the dealerships have been Forced to compete, if their parts Dept,s are to be profitable and AG-GB  can show profits--------------Big smile

Gofastsafe
issus View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by safe1 safe1 wrote:

NO Mike-----Its possibly the reputation that the dealerships were the LAST place to consider buying spares from--due to Mega prices.

The internet and many outlets have transformed the parts world, and NOW the dealerships have been Forced to compete, if their parts Dept,s are to be profitable and AG-GB  can show profits--------------Big smile

I can see where JS is coming from Mike and in my opinion he is correct - BMWDirect as far as I have dealt with them are a little cheaper than their equivalent Franchise(s) and certainly cheaper than the Indies when you ask them to quote OEM parts or even an equivalent part. 

E46 320d Sport Myst Blue 054 reg - probably the best BMW ever
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 10:33pm
Please explain why does BMW need ebay? Why does it not just have its own web site where parts can be ordered on line?
n
DAVE P View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 10:57am
One of the big selling points for club membership was discounted parts from dealers hence I buy from my local dealer with 10-20% discount depending on the item. The BMW direct ebay service appears to sell at list price so it may offer a service to some customers but for me buying from my local dealer and getting a discount is far better.
thepits View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by DAVE P DAVE P wrote:

One of the big selling points for club membership was discounted parts from dealers hence I buy from my local dealer with 10-20% discount depending on the item. The BMW direct ebay service appears to sell at list price so it may offer a service to some customers but for me buying from my local dealer and getting a discount is far better.
I get the same discount without being a member Wink

But don't care.
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 8:01pm
Club memberships biggest benefit is not discounts, its meeting new people and making new friend, priceless!
n
Dennis B View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 11:11pm
To true Norm me old mate, regards Dennis B Wink
buggyman View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buggyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 1:00am
Had a good look, great site apart from one thing couldn't find any thing listed for my E30, nothing seams to be listed pre E36 will have to go to he dealers for the bit's I need
PaulW View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 5:12pm
Why is it when some people, in this instance BMW Direct, post a question they do not have the courtesy to respond!!

May be the question was more to promote their store!!

I would have thought a good starting point would be to first engage a rapport with your potential and prospective customers, offer a promotional discount and more long term a loyalty one!!

Perhaps this is all to simple!

My local dealership stopped providing discount, needless to say my business went elsewhere.  Their loss, someone else's gain; £700 has thus far been spent in the past 2 weeks, another business receives the custom,  the customer (me) is provided with some discount (significant as it happens) = both are happy ;)   

Edited by PaulW - 14 Nov 2015 at 9:09pm
Paul
2003 E46 M3 Titanium Silver
'Drive with Passion'
rpennington View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 5:44pm
I have used them before & didn't have a problem with their service. If I didn't find what I was looking for I either rang them or sent a message through their eBay system. I also did get a quick reply back through eBay message system when I made contact.
1999 E46 323i se Saloon - sold
2011 E90 325d msport - sold
2014 F30 335d xdrive msport plus pack
w1ggan View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1ggan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 10:56pm
I have used them, they were a lot cheaper than the likes of GFS & Eurocarparts. They are administered by Park Lane BMW, there is a lot not on the site but Park Lane helped me with the brake shoes. I've also used these http://www.schmiedmann.co.uk.

Regards,

Kev
RENT-A-GOAT View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENT-A-GOAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 3:45pm
I used them when I first purchased my BMW but now I have a good relationship with my local dealership I get things the same day or right away and either the same or cheaper price wise so I just go to my local dealer as I would rather them get the business keeping it local than Park Lane. Also helps my parents both take their Mini and X1 to the same dealership so we are as a family well looked after.
N-Dog View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 5:27pm
May I be the one of the voices that speaks up in defence of the BMW Direct site on ebay. I have used them several times for parts for my E46 Convertible. Delivery is quick, and when I have messaged them with a question, the reply has been accurate, polite, and prompt.

Those of us who work Monday to Friday have difficulty finding time at the weekends to visit the main dealers, who are often miles away, and who have limited weekend opening hours.

Most of us have the sense to do some research into prices, and I have found - on several occasions - that BMW Direct are the cheapest on ebay, for some parts. My brushed ali foot pedals, my side repeater lenses, and a few other knick-knacks have come from them, when they have been the cheapest. And all delivered to the door, without having to leave the house.

It was interesting to note that when I decided to buy a new logo/emblem badge* for the rear bootlid (at 15 years old, mine is delaminating and has a slight crack in it), out of all the sellers of a New part (number 51137019946), BMW Direct were again the cheapest, at £40.93 - cheaper even than listings from BMW main dealers, and some non-dealers were offering the part in the region of £60.

One final point to note is, (correct me if I'm wrong) not every dealer honours the Club discount. I don't think Coopers of Norwich do - if I want to use my discount, the nearest dealer I can go to is in Cambridge!

* the part is not yet fitted - it's still in the pack, in my study, waiting until I give the car a full valet in Spring 2021. Photos of before and after will follow.

Edited by N-Dog - 06 Dec 2020 at 9:23am
**SOLD** E46 325 CI-Sport Convertible auto **SOLD**
 Post Reply Post Reply