FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

What's Happening?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's Happening?
    Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 5:40pm
Hi,

I just joined the BMW Car Club.

I live South East Cornwall, anything happening in Cornwall, Devon and the South West Region?

Thanks
Sarah
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

gazza4266 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazza4266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 6:11pm
Hi Sarah
Welcome.I posted similar for eastern region .its a case of where you live and you may have to travel a bit to venues .
Thanks
Gary
rpennington View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 6:27pm
Hi Sarah
Welcome to the club.

Have a look on the forum under those areas near to your region, as you may find events posted within them. Something else you could do is contact the region chair or maybe the office could possibly help.

You can go to any events in other regions & I am sure you would be made very welcome by those.

Regards
Rich
1999 E46 323i se Saloon - sold
2011 E90 325d msport - sold
2014 F30 335d xdrive msport plus pack
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 7:03pm
Would be good, assuming there is any room in the Calendar for a weekend in Cornwall with the car club? Summer I mean.
n
JamesCornwall View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesCornwall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 9:17am
Hi Sarah

Welcome to the club!

Although we are quiet on the forum there are a number of events in the upcoming months.  Details about things we are doing appear in the club magazine, and emails are also sent out as and when needed.

At the moment the next few things on the calendar are:
17th April, Southern Concours, Sherborne Castle, Dorset
19th June, RS Owners Club Show, Wadebridge, (admittedly not BMW, but we are invited along with other clubs)
10th July, BM's On The Lawn, Weston-Super-Mare
17th July, Wheels Car Show, Wadebridge
7th August, Mount Edgcumbe Car Show, Torpoint

We also have our monthly pub meet at The Punchbowl and Ladle, Penelewey, near Truro, TR3 6QY, on the 2nd Monday of each month.

If you have any questions at all feel free to contact me, cornwall@bmwcarclubgb.co.uk

Being in South East Cornwall you may also be interested in some of the Devon region shows.  As Rich said above you will be made very welcome at other regions events too.  Devon have their monthly pub meet at The Passage House Inn, Kingsteignton, TQ12 3QH on the last Thursday of the month, but also do numerous other things and have a different list of shows which I'm sure Kathy can tell you about if you contact her (devon@bmwcarclubgb.co.uk).

Hopefully we will meet you soon!

Best regards
James
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesCornwall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

Would be good, assuming there is any room in the Calendar for a weekend in Cornwall with the car club? Summer I mean.

Hi Norrie

Yes it could be good.  I think I'd need some tips first from the organisers of the other regional weekends that have been held!  This year may be a bit tight, but could give it some thought to see if it could fit in for next year.

While I'm here, Good Luck with your part of the relay - sounds like a great day you have planned, and with good support!  Not easy to organise these things sometimes, so hope all goes well. Clap

I think we've met before, but will say hello at Sherborne.

James

gunns View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 1:40pm
Hi all,

That's great, thank you all for your replies.

Thanks James for the dates, I will try and attend some of them, probably in my E39 as I'm working on getting the E30 road legal at the moment!

Yes, I'm definitely willing to travel to events, I bought the E30 to take up to Castle Combe anyway. Does anyone know of anywhere to take a non-road legal car to race nearer to/or in Cornwall?

Sarah
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesCornwall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 6:21pm
Hi Sarah

I'm really not sure of places in Cornwall.  The hillclimb events that are held at Tregrehan may be a possibility - but that's a complete guess from a novice who has no idea on the entry requirements for that sort of thing!  Truro and District Motor Club organise it along with some Autosolo events, so it may be worth a look on their website - trurodmc.co.uk

James
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 11:18am
James, great to see you and a few of your fellow Cornish colleagues at Silverstone, glad the key issues were resolved.
n
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesCornwall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

James, great to see you and a few of your fellow Cornish colleagues at Silverstone, glad the key issues were resolved.

Hi Norrie, good to see you too, and yes all sorted thank you!  Quite possibly see you at the National Festival.
 Post Reply Post Reply