FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

May 7th Sport Cars in the Park. Newby Hall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Barron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May 7th Sport Cars in the Park. Newby Hall
    Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 11:37am
May 7th, Sport Cars in the Park, Newby Hall.
This is a new event for the North East Region I know of some members that have attended this event in past years and it is growing each year, there were 500 cars last year, speaking to fellow club members at the Black Sheep Brewery, this event is getting a bit of interest and
looking like we could have a good display of club cars on show. Some members said is it sport cars only ? As we are putting a club stand on any BMW can come and display there car on the club stand, the event is for all BMW Car Club members from any region.
We will be holding a concourse event which will be open to North East, and Cumbria members only, we will also be holding a show and shine competition for those that do not want to go into concourse,
membership cards must be shown to enter either competitions.
To get your ticket go to http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk  the price is £7.00 person i.e. one car + driver £7.00, one car + driver and one passenger £14.00 this price includes entry into the historic gardens, and adventure playground complete with miniature railway. You will have to register and when buying a ticket you MUST select BMW North East GB in the car group section that way you will be parked with the Car Club.

E30 318is F32 430i M Sport Plus
E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE

Previous E36 316 Saloon E36 316 Coupe, E46 318 Coupe E30 318 Touring E36 316 Compact
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Diggerman View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diggerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:11pm
Hi Michael tickets bought Attending:
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria )
Diggerman
Michael Barron View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Barron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:22pm
See you there Andy, looking forward to it.
E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE

Previous E36 316 Saloon E36 316 Coupe, E46 318 Coupe E30 318 Touring E36 316 Compact
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:37pm
I have tickets for the Z4C and E30, not quite sure how to drive both at the same time though.Wacko

Attending: 

Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE). 
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:10pm
Will be at Newby with the Z crew will come and say hello and see all the shiny cars
Paul 2003 Z4 2.5 Sterling grey
2018 320i GT M sport Estoril Blue
In love with driving again
M1key View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1key Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:35pm
I'll be heading down but I booked early doors and didn't mention attending with any groups, not sure if that matters or if I can just tag along? I'll maybe message the organiser.
RParkinson View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RParkinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 6:32pm
I hope a few more people book on this, currently there are only 4 cars.  As Nick has 2 cars down, that probably means just Nick, Michael and me.

If you have booked tickets but not printed them then you can edit the car and group.  If you have printed the ticket then you'll have to contact Chris and try and get it changed, he's usually pretty good with such things.  Just don't leave it until the last minute as he tends to get rather busy working out the parking plan.

2013 F06 M6 Gran Coupe
2003 E39 M5
1980 E26
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by RParkinson RParkinson wrote:

that probably means just Nick, Michael and me.
Don't worry, I'm sure Michael's E30 and my E30 can survive one afternoon slumming it with an M1.Wink
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
M1key View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1key Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 7:28am

I hope a few more people book on this, currently there are only 4 cars.  As Nick has 2 cars down, that probably means just Nick, Michael and me.

If you have booked tickets but not printed them then you can edit the car and group.  If you have printed the ticket then you'll have to contact Chris and try and get it changed, he's usually pretty good with such things.  Just don't leave it until the last minute as he tends to get rather busy working out the parking plan.

Thanks, it allows me to select a Club even though tickets are printed so I'll do that.
E60 M5
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 8:25pm
Attending: 
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE)
Michael & Linda (NE)
M1key (NE)
Richard P (NE)
DetailingMark View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DetailingMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 9:43pm
i will be attending this too. A friend of mine with a mini cooper sport was just telling me about it. Will be buying the tickets this week.
BMW E46 318i

Cobra Detailed
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 9:50pm
Attending: 
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE)
Michael & Linda (NE)
M1key (NE)
Richard P (NE)
Mark (NE)
GrahamH View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrahamH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 6:18pm
I'll be attending this, once I manage to book the tickets. This will be the full Hinton family turn-out. Does anybody know if children's tickets are reduced price, or is it £7 each irrespective of age?
E36 323i SE saloon - gone, E46 330 Ci Club Sport - gone, E82 135i M Sport Coupe - gone, E60 530d M Sport saloon - gone, F31 335d xDrive M Sport tourer
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:04pm
I also had a look at the website, it doesn't say anything about kids prices. The Newby Hall website however says kids entry to the grounds on the day is 8:50, except under 4s are free.

Attending: 
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE)
Michael & Linda (NE)
M1key (NE)
Richard P (NE)
Mark (NE)
Graham H and family (NE)
GrahamH View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrahamH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 2:16am
For anybody else daft enough to be dragging children along to this, they are £7, as that is cheaper than Newby Hall charge for kid's tickets.
E36 323i SE saloon - gone, E46 330 Ci Club Sport - gone, E82 135i M Sport Coupe - gone, E60 530d M Sport saloon - gone, F31 335d xDrive M Sport tourer
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 9:01am
The positive way of looking at this is that the family and kids get reduced rate entry to the various attractions of Newby Hall, whilst you simultaneously get to play with all the fun cars Cool
Chezsherman View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chezsherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 10:35pm
Sadly can't make this. Hopefully more events or runs will pop up soon to attend. Making the April monthly meet and scenic drive
Previous: e85 2007 2.0i msport
Current: e89 2014 20i sdrive msport
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DetailingMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:15am
Attending: 
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE)
Michael & Linda (NE)
M1key (NE)
Richard P (NE)
Mark & Samantha (NE)
Graham H and family (NE)
BMW E46 318i

Cobra Detailed
Doddsy View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doddsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:13pm
I will be attending :)
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RParkinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 8:53am
The Cars In The Park web site requests that 'Small Groups', which we are classified as, "Arrive together if you can".

Has anyone given any thought to a meeting place and/or time?  Obviously people will be arriving from different directions, although I'd imagine most will be coming south down the A1, except me!  Arrival is from 9:00am and from experience last year it's worth arriving not long after this time if possible.
2013 F06 M6 Gran Coupe
2003 E39 M5
1980 E26
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:04pm
As we are signed up as a club, and have over 10 cars, we get a reserved spot.
Driving down together would be fun though, perhaps a few meeting point along the A1 ? I would be up for meeting at Washington Services.

Attending: 
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE)
Michael & Linda (NE)
M1key (NE)
Richard P (NE)
Mark & Samantha (NE)
Graham H and family (NE)
Paul D (NE)
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RParkinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 10:39am
OK, it's over 10 now, it was lass yesterday so was not included in the allocated parking section.

Washington Services are a little out of my way!!  Smile
2013 F06 M6 Gran Coupe
2003 E39 M5
1980 E26
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 7:17pm

Washington Services are a little out of my way!!  Smile
What's the problem ? Last time we met we drove to Munich to get together !

I meant Washington as just one meeting point, we could plan a few stops on the way to pick up more cars
JOHN JR View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHN JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 7:26pm
Got my ticket today for the Sportscar in the park , I can now confirm that I will be there in my BMW523I.

KJ RAWSTHORNE
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:11pm
Attending: 
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE)
Michael & Linda (NE)
M1key (NE)
Richard P (NE)
Mark & Samantha (NE)
Graham H and family (NE)
Paul D (NE)
John R (Cumbria)
Michael Barron View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Barron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 9:53am
Attending: 
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE)
Michael & Linda (NE)
M1key (NE)
Richard P (NE)
Mark & Samantha (NE)
Graham H and family (NE)
Paul D (NE)
John R (Cumbria)
John & Diane (NE)
E89 Z4 2.3 SDRIVE

cherrym View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 10:25am
I have also registered and received ticket.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DetailingMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 7:04pm
I know Keith Bates and his family are also coming. Hopefully in his M3, fingers crossed.
BMW E46 318i

Cobra Detailed
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:12pm
Attending: 
Andy & Sam ( Cumbria ) 
Nick & Nick (NE)
Michael & Linda (NE)
M1key (NE)
Richard P (NE)
Mark & Samantha (NE)
Graham H and family (NE)
Paul D (NE)
John R (Cumbria)
John & Diane (NE)
cherrym (NE)
Keith and Caroline (NE)
JOHN JR View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOHN JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:49am
I would like to add the names of Julie , Sean and steven to who is coming with me 
KJ RAWSTHORNE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>