FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

No ALPINA meet for 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No ALPINA meet for 2019
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:24pm
Unfortunately, I have heard officially from ALPINA GB there will not be a meet in 2019 for owners and enthusiasts at Nottingham. Despite the media economic doom and gloom the dealership is far too busy, a meet with 100 vehicles coming in,would cause too much disruption.

This means that there is little chance of any meet, unless people either come to Silverstone Classic and park with BMWCCGB ( assuming the club will let owners who are not members use the code). The only other event I know is Bimmerfest on 2 June 19 in Netherlands which has an ALPINA paddock, its at Brabanthallen.

There are, of course the regular events in-conjunction with the BMWCCGB which accepts all BMW models, replicas, modified etc   

Edited by Norrie - 28 Jan 2019 at 12:28pm
n
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

davebrindlee36m3 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davebrindlee36m3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 3:59pm
Hi Norrie, have you considered having a meet at one of the Clubs Track Days, combine it with a great day watching members on track, plus its free admission, i used to go to the Oulton Park Track Days and they are an enjoyable day out...Smile Plus loads of room for parking, all free..
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 4:25pm
Dave its not a bad suggestion. However, traditionally these events have been held on a Sunday, with Sytner providing undercover parking, refreshments, show room facilities and even car cleaning the day before or early morning. Unfortunately many ALPINA owners are not club members, so not too sure how that might be received by the Board?

It is ironic when the media talks of gloom and doom over the EU, that they are too busy to accommodate.
n
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 12:25am
Doncaster Classic car show 30 June 2019
I will be once again taking the lead on this event and having a stand at the Doncaster Classic car show which is a joint event with BMWCC ,Zroadster and Z4 forum. In the past we have had a Alpina collection would be great to have this again. Last year we had a great pitch within the show enabling us to show our cars off in a creative way and would be happy to welcome all BMW and Alpina owners to join us on the day.

Edited by Paul Rice - 29 Jan 2019 at 12:26am
Paul 2003 Z4 2.5 Sterling grey
2018 320i GT M sport Estoril Blue
In love with driving again
davebrindlee36m3 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davebrindlee36m3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

Dave its not a bad suggestion. However, traditionally these events have been held on a Sunday, with Sytner providing undercover parking, refreshments, show room facilities and even car cleaning the day before or early morning. Unfortunately many ALPINA owners are not club members, so not too sure how that might be received by the Board?

It is ironic when the media talks of gloom and doom over the EU, that they are too busy to accommodate.

As far as i am aware whhen i,v been to the Club Track day at oulton park, the gates are open for any member of the public to just drive in and watch, Ample parking and the restaurant is open all day..

Regards Dave..

Edited by cre8 - 29 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 3:54pm
Dave - thanks for that information. I have never been to Oulton Park, well not that I recall, so am not aware of the open entry arrangements. This is totally different at Silverstone where I am a Club member as the entry is via the heavily manned security gate.

However, whilst I am grateful for your suggestion, I don't think a weekday would attract many of the people I know who have come to Nottingham in the past.

You may be unaware but 85% of purchasers of ALPINA cars are from North Oxfordshire and further South. This is from statistic provided by Sytner. Many question why apart from space and tradition Nottingham is even the main ALPINA dealership.

Therefore, whilst Oulton Park may be an excellent choice it might not make an excellent owner based match.
n
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:34am
Latest - Gary Lott the ALPINA brand manager is looking at an alternative venue.Whilst I am not personally involved I have offered to discuss with Silverstone a potential meet on a day when there is competitive racing and use of the Silverstone racing Club. If anything positive is agreed then I will post it.

I don't believe that it would exclude anyone who has an ALPINA interest and they should be able to attend no matter with model they have of BMW.
n
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 5:33pm
The aforementioned proposal has been sent to Gary Lott, he also has another venue to assess and when I have any information I will post it.
n
 Post Reply Post Reply