FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Leicestershire Meets ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeAM135i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leicestershire Meets ?
    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:50pm
Hi All, 

New user and new owner of a M135i

Iv seen some meets in Milton keynes but wondered if their was any central/mid-Leiceste ?

Cheers

Luke 
Luke
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

MSH99 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSH99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 8:50pm
Hi Luke,

I believe that there is a monthly central region meet, best check the Central forum below for details:

Otherwise, I think there tend to be a few meets on the BabyBMW forums for M135/M140 meets?

Kind regards, Mani
My gallery: www.jetone.co.uk
PROtas View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROtas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 9:57am
Hello Luke,
The nearest meets to you are probably the Eastern Region, Peak and South Yorkshire Group. If you go to the Club website, under the 'Regions' tab you'll find the link to Eastern Region. Details of the sub-regional meets are there (the Peak and South Yorkshire meetings are on the second Monday of each month, at the Elm Tree, Mansfield Rd, Heath, Chesterfield S44 5SE).
There's also a link to their Facebook page...
LukeAM135i View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeAM135i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 2:10pm
Cheers Guys ! 

Ill have a look, the peaks are a little further than I wanted to go but will definitely be worth a look ! 

Luke 
Luke
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 2:30pm
There is also the central region and the Central West
n
issus View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
Hello Luke

Sent you a pm regarding Central Meetings

regards
E46 320d Sport Myst Blue 054 reg - probably the best BMW ever
issus View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote issus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 5:51pm
Luke, Will send you details of Events also.

Edited by issus - 25 Oct 2019 at 5:54pm
E46 320d Sport Myst Blue 054 reg - probably the best BMW ever
M4KYDD View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4KYDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:03pm
I'm in the Nottingham area too - anything going on in the immediate area?
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:12pm
Some events localish, we will be visiting Thoresby Hall, Ollerton in May and August. Newstead Abbey 5th July and the Nationals at Gaydon, Warwickshire in August, we have quite an extensive program in the Eastern region but as we are quite a large geographical area some events will be some distance away.
Paul 2003 Z4 2.5 Sterling grey
2018 320i GT M sport Estoril Blue
In love with driving again
M4KYDD View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4KYDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
Great, thanks Paul - where can I find details as I would be really interested in these.
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 4:54pm
From time to time I hold a meet for ALPINA and any other BMW owners who are interested in Milton Keynes. It is not an official BMW Car Club meet as I am not actually in that region. Why do I do it then? I met a chap who own a very nice cafe/coffee shop who told me he did car meets opposite his premises and opened up earlier for them. He also happens to own an ALPINA, we have done it twice with around 20 cars attending. I fit it in to suit a weekend when I am at Silverstone, however any BMW owners are invited to attend. I will post up somewhere, if its not breaking any rules, or upsetting anyone or is disliked by someone with an objection .
n
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:02pm
Details posted on this forum, BMWCC diary dates and our Facebook page (BMW car club GB Yorkshire area) also in straight six when publishing dead lines allow. Page for the Thoresby and Newstead events this is their web site http://www.classicshows.org/
Normally cars over 15 years old but as we book as a club (BMWCC GB) we get the preferential entry fee and Display as a club all BMW's any age.    
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Paul Rice Paul Rice wrote:

Details posted on this forum, BMWCC diary dates and our Facebook page (BMW car club GB Yorkshire area) also in straight six when publishing dead lines allow. Page for the Thoresby and Newstead events this is their web site http://www.classicshows.org/
Normally cars over 15 years old but as we book as a club (BMWCC GB) we get the preferential entry fee and Display as a club all BMW's any age.    

Thats very good all BMW included, I was disappointed in 2019 I looked at two events orgainsed and discovered that I was excluded as my car was not over 20 years old. Ironically I have a very rusty, dented, scratched old E39 which met the age criteria, it would have been a disgrace to take it, so I did not. But the assumption that every older car is a cherished one is nonsense. I went to the Bromley show in 2019, guy with a minging Rover told me he bought it for 25 pounds, but could park inside the show.
n
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 10:50am
Do where possible try to steer away from these type of events. Many like SCITP and Classic shows have restrictions but these are wavered if attending as a recognised club. 
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm

Do where possible try to steer away from these type of events. Many like SCITP and Classic shows have restrictions but these are wavered if attending as a recognised club. 

I did not organise the events I referred to, so cannot say if there would be any wavering for a recognised Club. The problem is many people just see the word BMW and not the fact that the BMWCCGB is the official club of BMW UK Limited. It would be really good if indeed BMW UK Limited could be persuaded to publicise such an endorsement. However, that is yet another challenge for the "special relationship" it is alleged exists.

Surely a club that is meant for "ALL" BMW cars and owners who are members should never exclude any member at any event? Is that reasonable or am I being too optimistic?
n
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 3:12pm
I totally agree Norman, as a club events should be open to all members but when it comes to the grey area of what is a classic we will always have this problem with some events excluding some of our members. On the bright side if prepared to travel, always somewhere we are welcome whatever the age,
condition or model of our BMW.
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 4:19pm
Its interesting that Silverstone considers cars over 20 years as Classics, whilst others say 25 or even more. The irony is that for the Silverstone Classic anyone can take any BMW of any age onto the BMW Club stand. In 2019 was speaking to two people who had been given the code by a mate, they parked two new M4 or M2 cant recall on the Club stand. I have no idea if they were members or not, who really knows at any event if someone is a member?
n
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 12:50pm
SCITP is Sports Cars In The Park. No age restrictions.
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Paul Rice View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Rice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:27pm
The restriction i was referring to with Sports cars in the park is the specific list of vehicle which is allowed, although its quite extensive still a restriction, but as BMWCC we have no restrictions.
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 5:20pm

The restriction i was referring to with Sports cars in the park is the specific list of vehicle which is allowed, although its quite extensive still a restriction, but as BMWCC we have no restrictions.
If your BMW is missing from the SCITP list you can ask them to add it. Or just use one of the very generic descriptions already on there.
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
hennabm View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennabm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 4:37pm
If a show wants to exclude more modern vehicles such as under 15 years old, then I agree with them.
Under 15, I can go to any car park and look at similar cars.

If the show is classed as a classic car show I do not expect to see modern cars. That is why in the past I have commented on the BMWCC stand at the NEC. I do not expect to see a brand new car like the I8 at a classic show.

As for the cost of the older car - what’s that got to do with it? That’s some of the pleasure of owning an older car - the small outlay and the joy of keeping it running/restoring it.

One of my cars cost me £70 12 years ago and still running. It’s not anywhere near show condition but still gives me pleasure in keeping it going.
And yes it has been to CC shows in the past 12 years.

Edited by hennabm - 25 Jan 2020 at 4:38pm
82 323i Henna
90 320iSE - died Apr 21
10 116d Sport
12 1.4 Punto Easy
89 240DL est
11 X3 3.0d SE
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

The irony is that for the Silverstone Classic anyone can take any BMW of any age onto the BMW Club stand.

I think the real irony is that the code for the 2020 real alpina owners only stand is openly available on social media. So no restriction on age, membership or make of car. Just use it to get cheaper entry tickets and park up your 2019 Ford Fiesta in the infield.
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 9:09pm
I don't believe the ALPINA code is available anywhere except to those enrolled on thealpinaregister.com . If someone has shared that information I would be interested to see where it is allegedly displayed? There are no age conditions imposed on any ALPINA owner who has chosen to display using that code . We have a full list from goose of those who have actually booked and paid. There are no surprises or objections.

Person having objections to age of cars at the Silverstone Classic need to discuss that with Mr Carr-Jones of Goose Events who organise it. Anything I am doing will 100% comply with the terms & conditions of entry, payment and display criteria.

I also do not currently and never have owned a Ford Fiesta of any age. I have owned BMW Cars since my first new E30 tourer purchased in 1993.

However as stated above if the organiser was happy to allow a 2019 Fiesta in, that is not of my concern and a matter between the owner, the relevant club and the show organiser. In fact or indeed any other brand or type of car of any age or condition.

I have no idea who runs the quoted group "real ALPINA owners" but its not me. I do along with Two German, One Swede, One Chap from Luxembourg and another Englishman run the Genuine ALPINA Owners and the code is not published on any social media we control. I do not control thealpinaregister.com that is two people who are not club members to the best of my knowledge.

Edited by Norrie - 25 Jan 2020 at 9:35pm
n
M4KYDD View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4KYDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:53am
Originally posted by hennabm hennabm wrote:

That is why in the past I have commented on the BMWCC stand at the NEC. I do not expect to see a brand new car like the I8 at a classic show.

Just out of interest, when did classic = old?

There are plenty of "newer" cars which are way rarer than "old" cars

If it said "vintage" then that would suggest age 

JMHO Smile
hennabm View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennabm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:02pm
There's a lot in that sentence , in terms of classic and rare. The two don't necessarily go together. A new car can be rare but does that make them a classic of the future. That is somehow decided by how desirable it becomes.

Classic does generally mean an older vehicle but as to what age depends. Some organisations and that will say around 15 years; others 20 and others again will say 25 or even 30 years.

I certainly would not class an I8 as either rare or classic.
82 323i Henna
90 320iSE - died Apr 21
10 116d Sport
12 1.4 Punto Easy
89 240DL est
11 X3 3.0d SE
 Post Reply Post Reply