*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Cable routing for phone and dash cam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Minkey View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cable routing for phone and dash cam
    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 5:47pm
Hi all,

Just got myself a 2013 116D M Sport and want to do my usual invisible cables thing...

Anyone help me with cable routes and where screws/clips are on panels I'll need to remove for access for the following please?

Phone cradle:
I'll hard wire it to the fuse box (Which I haven't even looked for yet!) so from where ever that is under the dash, to the dash top. The cradle will be betwen the LCD display sticking up from the dash and the instrument binicle. So, I'd guess bringing the cable out next to or behind the LCD screen would be the prefered option. 

Dash-Cam:
This will be in the usual 'by the rear view mirror' position so if there's an ignition live up by the mirror, great, but if not, again I'll come from the fusebox up one of the 'A' pillars.
So, are the 'A' pillar covers just clip on? Will the just pop off with trim tools?
Usually behind the glove box is the easiest route, so does this come out with visible screws or are there any hidden ones underneath I need to get on my hands and knees for?!?! Cry

Cheers all... Big smile
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Post Reply Post Reply