FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

BMW Sommerfest 2022 - TICKETS LIVE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Office Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW Sommerfest 2022 - TICKETS LIVE
    Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 12:26pm
TICKETS ARE NOW LIVE!

Come join us at our national event this year, the BMW Sommerfest on 7th August at Donington Park Circuit. 

Visit https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/sommerfest22/ to book your tickets today!

Not a member? Everyone is welcome, simply select the non-members display parking, or why not join the club today www.bmwcarclubgb.uk/join

BMWCCHQ
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

AShah View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AShah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 11:56am
Shame the members discount code doesn't work on the MSV website.

Please can someone at the club sort this out! 
E36 home of South Wales!
'96 Alpina B3 3.2 Touring
'91 325iSEA 4 Door

Old:
'93 325 Coupe
'96 318is Coupe
'92 320 Coupe
'96 318is Coupe
'97 328 Cabriolet
'95 M3 4 Door
'99 323 Sport Tourer
Office View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Office Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 12:22pm
Hello!

Can I please check you've visited the right page.
Please click on the 'Buy' button on this ticket option, from this webpage https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/sommerfest22/:

The code only works for tickets purchased from the above option.

Once you go through the process of adding your vehicle, you enter the code (in capitals) in the promotional box, shown below. This should change the ticket price from £19 to £17. This applies only on 1 display pass (which includes an adult entry) and 1 additional adult ticket. Further additional adult tickets (the 3rd ticket or more) will be priced at £19 each.

I hope this helps, and if you are still experiencing any issues, please do not hesitate to call the office on 01970 267 989, or email office@bmwcarclubgb.co.uk 

Edited by Office - 12 Apr 2022 at 12:24pm
BMWCCHQ
Nick Wright View Drop Down
Register Chair
Register Chair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Wright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 1:39pm
I got fed up with it, so I just paid the £19 that it was asking me for.
You can give me the £2 when you see me Smile

Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 5:41pm
Nick, small or no consolation, but lots of people were experiencing difficulties in a somewhat lengthy process. Best to log into BMWCCGB website if you are a member then you can see the discount code, if you are not (no discount), the display tickets can only be obtained by following the link in the club website. The mistake I initially made was to go to the MSV site directly, however these are only the General Admission tickets.
You will have found that you need to then register with MSV and down load a picture of the car you wish to display (MSV requirement and nothing to do with the club) and follow the prompts, there then is a section to apply the discount code. If you choose print at home you cannot print the ticket/pass until 2 weeks before. Simple really?

Edited by Norrie - 14 Apr 2022 at 5:42pm
rpennington View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 12:35pm
Hi office
When does the advanced ticket price end? & is there still places left for me if i book my f30 in for display if numbers are limited. Why is a photo image required for booking

Kind regards
Rich

Edited by rpennington - 14 May 2022 at 12:36pm
1999 E46 323i se Saloon - sold
2011 E90 325d msport - sold
2014 F30 335d xdrive msport plus pack
markuk View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 7:50pm
Do you guy and girls have a stand if so is there any space for the wife and i ?
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by markuk markuk wrote:

Hi, the show is organised by the club. Yes, there is space for you.
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 8:27am
When are the timings and details for the concurs event on the Saturday being sent out, important for those travelling a long way, especially if they need to book accommodation which is extremely expensive in hotels close by, if available at all due to its proximity to the event especially for those travelling from distance.
Office View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Office Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:34am
Hello!

Not entirely sure when the advance ticket pricing ends, it will be some time in July but of course we will send out reminders to members to let them know.

There is plenty of display passes for the F30. You will see a number of spaces left next to each display pass, these can be increased at any time to allow more spaces to be booked.

The image upload was added by MSV, I think so that they can verify the car you're bringing if the one you've added to the display pass.

If you have any trouble booking tickets, please let the club office know on officeadmin@bmwcarclubgb.co.uk and we'll be happy to assist! 
BMWCCHQ
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 5:56am
Originally posted by Office Office wrote:

Hello!

Not entirely sure when the advance ticket pricing ends, it will be some time in July but of course we will send out reminders to members to let them know.

There is plenty of display passes for the F30. You will see a number of spaces left next to each display pass, these can be increased at any time to allow more spaces to be booked.

The image upload was added by MSV, I think so that they can verify the car you're bringing if the one you've added to the display pass.

If you have any trouble booking tickets, please let the club office know on officeadmin@bmwcarclubgb.co.uk and we'll be happy to assist! 

Thanks for your reply 
Rich
Office View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Office Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

When are the timings and details for the concurs event on the Saturday being sent out, important for those travelling a long way, especially if they need to book accommodation which is extremely expensive in hotels close by, if available at all due to its proximity to the event especially for those travelling from distance.

Hi Norman

Apologies we cant confirm that yet but as soon as we have that information from the Concours team we will send it out to all those that have entered plus we will put it on the website, socials and newsletter.

Thanks

Michelle 
BMWCCHQ
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 10:18pm
Michelle, ok. I did ask them the question directly, but did not get an exact answer, in fact the person I asked had not even secured his accommodation. I shall wait for the information to arrive as now have booked the night before as otherwise its up at about 4am.
markuk View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:15am
Originally posted by NickDE NickDE wrote:

Hi when ordering the tickets it said which group of cars  so i put e9* is this right ??
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:50pm

Hi when ordering the tickets it said which group of cars  so i put e9* is this right ??

What car are you bringing ?
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
markuk View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:27pm

What car are you bringing ?
E93 hope thats right as getting on a bit now Dead

Office View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Office Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 8:53am
If you selected the 3 Series (E36, E9X onwards) & 4 Series stand, then you're on the right display Smile
BMWCCHQ
markuk View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Office Office wrote:

If you selected the 3 Series (E36, E9X onwards) & 4 Series stand, then you're on the right display Smile
Cool and thanks see you all there Big smile

Western Duke View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Western Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:28am
I purchased my ticket through the link on the Club website and had no problems in booking the ticket with the discount.
Really looking forward to this as it will be the first National meeting I will have been to since 'coming home' to the marque!Big smile
Currently running a well-spec'd F36 440i Gran Coupe and and gracefully ageing Ducati.
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:14pm
I got a reply re the concours and evidently details will be sent soon.
TrevorScarlett View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TrevorScarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 8:59am
Hi all,

Just bought myself a display ticket; never done anything like this before.  Really looking forward to the event though.

Trev
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 5:59pm
I have bought my ticket. The only thing i found that during the process was that when i selected quantity of tickets it doubled up my basket, so cleared the basket didn’t enter amount of tickets has there is only me attending now & entered the discount code & it was the right price. A.though my vehicle pic was upside down😂😂. 

See you Sunday

Rich 
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by rpennington rpennington wrote:

my vehicle pic was upside down😂😂.

We will add an Australian zone to the parking plan
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 7:09pm

Originally posted by rpennington rpennington wrote:

my vehicle pic was upside down😂😂.

We will add an Australian zone to the parking plan

It was taken on my iPad but was the right way up on the camera,but when selected for the booking image it was upside down😂😂 . Still can’t work out why they want pic of vehicle when the details are on the e-ticket. If the Marshalls can’t read upside down then they’ll have to head stand😂😂

Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 7:20pm
Rich, hope you dont come with your motor on its roof. Yes the MSV photo opportunists , no one has offered and reason why they need it. But I can tell you they do not delete after 31 days as they had mine from 2-3 years ago. Have they got ANPR, who knows?

Edited by Norrie - 01 Aug 2022 at 7:21pm
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpennington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 5:37am
Hi norrie.
I’ll do a barrel roll for them at the gate😂😂. It wouldn’t surprise me about the ANPR, i know of a sainsbury’s not far from me & that takes your car number even if you go in for fuel.
 Post Reply Post Reply