FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

Two Sussex meets in June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Sussex meets in June 2022
    Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:15am
Sunday 19th June 22 at the Hawth Theatre Crawley West Sussex, join meet with Merc & Porsche , Morning event, cafe open. Exclusive display area on car park, no shared with public. Charitable donation in aid of St Catherine's Hospice.

Sunday 26th June Toat Cafe, Stane Street, Pulborough, West Sussex. from 0900 hrs full cafe facility, park for 150 cars.
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 10:44am
Many thanks to those who attended the Meet at the Hawth Theatre at Crawley on 19th June 22 a collection on a voluntary basis was made for St Catherine's Hospice.

Hope to see many fo you next Sunday 26th at the Toat cafe Stane Street Pulborough.
Shaun170 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 3:14pm
Hi new member here. Hoping to come to the meet next Sunday in my X3 Thumbs Up

Shaun. 
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 5:56pm
Shaun, not a problem I shall be there. Look forward to meeting you.

Edited by Norrie - 20 Jun 2022 at 5:57pm
Shaun170 View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 9:32pm
Just got a positive test, so unfortunately after cleaning the car today in preparation for tomorrow, best I give it a miss. Thumbs Down

Edited by Shaun170 - 25 Jun 2022 at 9:33pm
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 7:41am
Not a bad turn out at the Toat, as with this time of year it competes with many other events at the weekend, including Goodwood Festival of Speed in our area. A good mix of older and new included a E28 manual diesel, E34 M5, E46 x 2, orange wrap Z4, E39 523 and 535 and E39 540 touring.

I was surprised despite the club advertising Sommerfest, most people did not seem to know about it, however at these meets on a Sunday morning its impossible to tell if people are members of the club or not, so that might account for it?

Edited by Norrie - 27 Jun 2022 at 7:41am
NickDE View Drop Down
Region Chair
Region Chair
North East Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickDE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Norrie Norrie wrote:

I was surprised despite the club advertising Sommerfest, most people did not seem to know about it, however at these meets on a Sunday morning its impossible to tell if people are members of the club or not, so that might account for it?

These days publicity for an event relies on word of mouth, especially via sharing on social media. The more everyone can share Sommerfest, the more succesful the event will be. And yes, I know you are doing so already Smile
Darkness gone, Tronic gone, Solo gone, DBA going, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Black Pearl, go The Vibrator
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by NickDE NickDE wrote:

These days publicity for an event relies on word of mouth, especially via sharing on social media. The more everyone can share Sommerfest, the more succesful the event will be. And yes, I know you are doing so already Smile

You are right, yes I am doing it and yes I am telling people. However, many the lack of focus or attention or decision is a factor. I can tell you having arranged an 80 plus car event at Nottingham the number of reason people can or cannot attend and the last minute "can I come", even though they have been told loads of times does not help.

You missed the point I was surprised that despite the publicity they did not know or forgot or maybe were just not interested.

The problem is the more one as an individual encourages others the more onerous it is in them expecting me to have answers to their questions when many of them have not been answered by the Club as it is awaiting confirmation from MSV who dont seem to move at anything expect their own pace.

Edited by cre8 - 28 Jun 2022 at 10:08pm
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 9:17am
I have posted the Sommerfest flyer in 15 social media groups the BMWCCGB does not have access to, this morning. Hopefully might get a few more to attend?
Office View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Office Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2022 at 10:39am
Thank you Norman, your help in promoting Sommerfest is much appreciated.

Michelle

Edited by Office - 29 Jun 2022 at 10:40am
BMWCCHQ
 Post Reply Post Reply