FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

E 36 M3 Brake Fluid Change Light.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Shaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E 36 M3 Brake Fluid Change Light.
    Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 10:54am
Hi, I recently had the brake fluid changed on my 1999 E36 M3 convertible, but the dealer didn’t turn off the brake fluid change indicator light.  I am wondering whether there is a simple way to turn the light off or should I take it back to the dealer?  Many thanks.

Fred Shaw.
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 4:13pm
If you paid the dealer and they did not carry out the work correct contact them without delay and take if back. They should be able to rectify whilst you wait unless there is a fault that occurred between you collecting and now, which seems unlikely.

Edited by Norrie - 13 Jul 2022 at 4:13pm
Fred Shaw View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Shaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 4:32pm
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, taking it back to the garage is probably the best/most sensible option, but if it is something that can be easily rectified at home I am willing to give it a go.
Fred Shaw View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Shaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 9:59am
Update.  I took the M3 back to the garage and had the light re-set.  The garage - not a BMW garage - was not aware the light needed to be reset after changing the brake fluid.  When I showed them the note in the handbook they dug out their old service re-set tool and managed to turn off the symbol.  Apologies were given for not completing the job in the first place.
Norrie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 9:20pm
Excellent and good they accepted they made an error.
 Post Reply Post Reply