Join the Club
Forum Home Forum Home > General Club Forum > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** BMW Car Club GB website - see https://bmwcarclubgb.uk/ ***

*** Looking to buy or sell? ~ Checkout our BMW Car Club GB classifieds ***

New Forum members introduce yourself here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cliff View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2007 at 12:42pm
HI there, I'm new to the club had my M3 3 weeks now and love it. I run it last week at York raceway run a 13'8

Edited by Cliff - 12 Aug 2007 at 12:43pm
Sponsored Links
BMW Car Club Forum Homepage

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 1:12pm

Allo there chap,welcome to the club!Nice m3 by the way,ive got one identical,same colour,same wheels etc.Had it since march and loved every minute of it!mines a 1994.Thats a nice time you set down the strip,i might have to av a trip down the pod and see what i can get!

Cliff View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 9:25pm

miens a '94 too, I toke the spare out to save weight but not sure if it helped think if I left it in it would of help with traction. I was racing a friend of mine on my fastest run with a E30 powered by a S50 3.2 evo anyway here my times, my number been Y681 and my mates SP284

SP284    car           Y861

1.023     reaction      .834
2.186         60ft       2.156
8.923      1/8  ET     8.983
81.22      1/8 MPH    78.73
13.674     1/4  ET     13.859
104.32     1/4 MPH    98.98

.002  1st finshed

that the only time I did win though his fastest time been a 13.5

Edited by Cliff - 13 Aug 2007 at 9:27pm
Steve View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
North West Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 10:18pm
Welcome to the forum Cliff. Nice to see you are enjoying your M3 already. Good man

Cheers  Steve.

1998 E36 318is saloon.      1989 E30 318i coupe.       2000 E39 520i Touring
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2007 at 8:38pm

sounds like you had fun playin with the e30 with evo power,thats some fairly close times!

ive gotta get a rear wheel arch sorted on mine as its started bubbling thru,otha than that its in good shape,you got any future plans for yours?
Cliff View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2007 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by JoeS JoeS wrote:

sounds like you had fun playin with the e30 with evo power,thats some fairly close times!

ive gotta get a rear wheel arch sorted on mine as its started bubbling thru,otha than that its in good shape,you got any future plans for yours?

my arches are in good nick, but would like to get front end done there a few stone cheaps on the bonnet, grill, bumper and front of the wings, I think colure shows them up. Other than that the only thing I've done is put a tech 2 on it

its been well look after even got new Bilstein shocks all round and even  BMW genuine brake pads, think I'll have replace them with some track pads as i'm doing the Croft track day in Octuber can't wait

Edited by Cliff - 15 Aug 2007 at 3:56pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 1:43pm
That tech2 wheel is a nice touch,looks like its got a suede rim?
I took mine round the aston track at the gaydon show,throughly enjoyed it,apart from the brake fade!id definately go for some uprated brakes if i was takin it on the track again!
its got a slight running fault,more from cold,ive had it on 2 code readers but they read no faults so its goin on the rollers at thorney motorsport on monday to see whats goin on!
Cliff View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 5:21pm
the wheel is alcantara like the e30 m3 evo wheel you can only get leather tech 2's for e36 and they as rare as rocking house poo so think i was lucky, here the listings for it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130134120348 

I'm going to a rolling road day on sunday at Vsport http://www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1349 i don't now if i'm going to put my car on the roller yet, i'll see when i get there 

Edited by Cliff - 16 Aug 2007 at 5:22pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 8:44pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 8:49pm
Got the photo's on but no message with it......my old 325i and my current M3.  I see there are a few of us with Avis blue (nice choice) best colour to have!  I have grey interior but the front seats are a little worn and look grubby....any idea's of where to get a tidy set or how to scrub them up.

Nice to meet you all, new to this forum so still finding my way around.  From Swansea and am particularly interested in any shows or meets in this area.

Tony
Cliff View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 10:38pm

Nice car Tony, I do like them wheels 

by the way what size tyres are you guys running on, I've got 235/40/17 front and 245/40/17 on the rear, shouldn't it be 215/45's front and 235/40's on the rear not that i'm bothered more grip the better
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 1:27pm
Same size tyres as you....which is what was on the car when I bought it.  I loose the back end now, so wouldn't put any thinner on it unless you wanna end up in a hedge somewhere
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 7:57pm
Allo again. Just a quick update, had mine on the rollers at Thorney Motorsport today. Did 3 runs with the best result being 292bhp at the flywheel with 240bhp at the wheels, so well chuffed considering its standard apart from a cat back supersprint system. The operator couldnt fault it, which is good, then tried to sell me a re-map!
Will add some pictures soon, tidy looking motor Tony, Avis blue is definitely the way forward!
Cliff View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 8:54pm
there good figures  I put mine on the rollers at VSport yesterday got 174bhp that's down 12bhp on standard, BUT! torque was about 255lb.ft up from 236lb.ft standard don't think there was anything wrong with it coming up to its next service soon and I'm going to put a K&N panel filter in it too and then I'll try again, think I should get it back.   

Edited by Cliff - 20 Aug 2007 at 8:55pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 6:05pm

Thats some good figures you got there,they seem to keep thier power even tho they're getting on abit!A panel filter sounds like a nice idea,i was toying with getting a carbon fibre package but they all seem to cost an arm and a leg!How much did they charge you for the session,mine was 75 for 3 runs.

Havin a few troubles putting some pictures on here but if your interested theres a picture of my motor on the east anglian region forum,topic gaydon bmwcc festival 2007,page 2.my reg is L987 RMX
Cliff View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 7:27pm
I paid £30 for 1 run  it was a rolling road day there some pic's here, there one mine and one my mate E30 is the one with the 8 series wheels on http://www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1349  

very nice looking car you got there, as for hosting pic I use http://www.panoramio.com/ there no pic size limit just copy and paste the url address to the original size image and put[i_m_g] the beginning and [/_i_m_g] at the end but without the spaces

Edited by Cliff - 21 Aug 2007 at 7:31pm
Paul View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 9:38am
Joe,

We wondered whose car that was on our stand - welcome to the club and the forum by the way, don't think we saw you but if you're up for any of our meets/events pop along and introduce yourself, you're more than welcome! Would have been good to meet you, you certainly had a nice car and you must have arrived as I had gone onto the Aston test track!

Paul
2001 E46 320Ci convertible
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 1:25pm
Hi Paul,cheers for the welcome,as soon as we arrived at the show we were booked on the aston track so thats why were on the end of the row but never mind!
Had a quick chat to the lady and gent with the yellow m3 cab so that was nice,ill be attending the open day at bury this saturday so ill catch up with you there,lets just hope the sun shines....!
Joe
Paul View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 9:37am
Cool Joe! Will be good to meet you!

Paul
2001 E46 320Ci convertible
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 9:30am
I've been a member of the CC for a number of years and am still active with the Drivers' Club in the Hampshire Area.  Had problems logging on to the new forum and only just got it sorted!
I started off my BMW "career" with a 1981 E21 323i that that I had for over 6 years between 1983 and 1990 before it was sadly totalled after getting rear-ended by a lorry.  I loved that car...

I currently own 2 BMWs and 1 Alpina, all 5 series

This is my 1983 E28 Alpina B9 3.5 that I have owned since February 2000

My E28 528i that could be described as a "long-termer" as I've had it since March 1990.  Currently SORNed and awaiting restoration...

Last October I got the mortgage paid off and treated myself to this, my E39 530i Sport Auto, a car I'd had set my sights on for the previous 2 years, and I'm not at all disappointed

I will be up at Santa Pod for the Ultimate BMW Show on Sunday 23rd September with both the B9 and the E39, and at Stoneleigh Park for Bimmerfest on 14th October on the Alpina Register stand, so if anyone wants to say hello, please do!

Cheers,

Edited by Pete Thorpe - 14 Sep 2007 at 9:41am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 10:46pm
Hi everyone,
Just thought i'd say a quick hello. I only joined recently so i doubt i will have spoken to anyone yet.
Some of you may have seen me at Tatton attempting my first concours entry  
I currently own a manual E30 325i touring in alpineweiB and an Auto E28 M535i in diamantschwarz.

Hope to get some pics up soon

James
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 12:02pm
Yippy!!! My name is Trudy and have just joined. I previously owned a 320i se 1989 and selling her two years ago was the biggest mistake. I now have a smile on my face again as I have purchased a rather nice 1990 318is. She needs a bit of TLC but body work is good and general performance. It's just the extra bit they need from us E30 fans. Hello to everyone!!!!
Steve View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
North West Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 11:26pm
Welcome to the forum Peter, James and Trudy. Sorry I have not welcomed you all earlier but have been off line for a while due to moving house. Some very nice cars you all seem to own.
I do remember your beautiful car at Tatton James. Very nice indeed. Hope you enjoyed the day.
A superb collection you have there Peter. Love the Alpina.
Trudy, glad your enjoying your motoring again. The 318is is one of the nicest BMW's ever. I have an E36 saloon version that I love to bits and also have an E30 316i lux that apart from the engine is a very similar spec to the 318is. I am in the middle of giving it major TLC. Have a look  here
for a few details.
Once again welcome to you all,

Steve.

1998 E36 318is saloon.      1989 E30 318i coupe.       2000 E39 520i Touring
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 12:04pm
Hi all

I'm Jules and I live in Kent .. I work freelance around London and the south-east but I just finished a stint in Poland where one of my hire cars was a Nissan Note ... Let's just say that I think the car was some kind of joke the Japanese inflict on we Westerners 8-)

Anyway, let's talk about BMWs....

I used to have an E23 735i until about 16 years ago, then there was a little gap when I had an assortment of Jaguars, Mercedes and Volvos until last week when I saw the light again and bought a 740i E38 on Ebay amazingly cheap. 1997 and 81k miles.

The car started life on Jersey (hence the mileage I guess), then came to Warwickshire via mid-Essex, and now to me.

I'll post some pics and more info to the appropriate part of this board over the next few days... There were some gaps in the history so today it's getting Inspection 2 and some other overdue TLC.

It's great to sit behind that normally aspirated V8 ... the sound in the Dartford tunnel brought back happy memories of a Rover V8 from long ago.

Regards, Jules

Edited by Jules - 18 Dec 2007 at 7:47pm
Carl Pereira View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Pereira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2007 at 6:14pm
Hi,
My name is Carl. I bought my first BMW 5 years ago, it was a 1993 E34 540i (ex King of Jordan) and has been one of the most reliable cars I have ever owner (and  cheapest to maintain ion spite of the v8 engine)!!. I sold the car a few weeks ago and now have a E39 v8 Alpina.
(http://carl.casystems.eu/alpina/)

Hopefully she will be as reliable as the E34. My wife now also has a 318i which she is very happy with. We both joined the Owners club this year and although I have not been to any events yet, she had a great time at the ladies trip to Champeneys in November...

Carl
housie View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote housie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 9:58pm
hi all just trying to get some pics of my car on here hope it works if it does many thanks to nero for his guide the only thing i may have done is made them to big.i have owned bmw's now for 20 years first 1 diedsecond ok but third is a cracker and will do my best to keep her this wayhope to meet some of you at shows as a new comer to forum and club i am in wessex region
steve house
<housie>

Edited by housie - 07 Jan 2008 at 10:07pm
Pete View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by housie housie wrote:

hi all just trying to get some pics of my car on here hope it works if it does many thanks to nero for his guide the only thing i may have done is made them to big.i have owned bmw's now for 20 years first 1 diedsecond ok but third is a cracker and will do my best to keep her this wayhope to meet some of you at shows as a new comer to forum and club i am in wessex region
steve house
<housie>

That 535 is lush
gerald View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 7:56pm

Hi all,   

just like to say hello to everyone.Im currently driving a e36 323i coupe 99,ive been to a couple of the pub meets in ashton under lyne finding them very good id like to get involved in the bmw shows i no i a have a lot of work to do but  im sure it will be fun tho,
hope to hear from you all.
Dnt no how to put pics on yet but theres a few on the photo gallery.
cheers
gerald 323i e36 coupe
dteagles View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dteagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 8:00pm
Hi Gerald,
Welcome to the forum!

Cheers,
Darren.

Think about what you can do for the club, not what it can do for you...
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 5:12pm
Welcome Gerald, I don't know where Ashton under Lyme is, but I'm sure the local guys will let you know whats on near you. Gonna nip over and have a look at your pics now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>