The following rules are provided to protect the BMW Car Club GB Ltd, its directors, members and all registered members of this forum from anyone who misuses the forum for any purpose.
They will be enforced when the moderators or the club directors feel that doing so is justified.
Please read and digest them. Your continued use of the forum depends on your acceptance of these rules.
- You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.
- Any posts must be actual and factual and not based on rumour or hearsay and must not be libellous or slanderous. Otherwise the club or individual may be at risk of bringing the club or themselves into disrepute.
- You agree that you will not post any copyrighted or private material that is not owned by yourself.
- You agree that you will not reproduce any emails without the owners permissions
- Content of posts made in the private member's forum - must neither be copied and pasted into the public area of the forum nor onto other non-BMWCC forums or any other medium, without first getting permission from one of the Administrator/Moderators
- You remain solely responsible for the content of your threads, posts and messages.
- Each forum member may have only one account.
Note - Administrators may have two accounts to enable them to carry out their duties.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum and its agents with respect to any claim based upon any post you may make. The BMW Car Club GB Ltd Limited reserve the right to reveal whatever information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by yourself.
- The operators of this forum are not responsible for the content or accuracy of information posted on it, and reserves the right to remove posted material in full or in part without notice if the post is not compliant with these rules & guidelines. Should you find any objectionable posts, please click on the "Report this post" link that is under the post options tab on every post, to contact the Administrator/Moderator team or alternatively email the club office by clicking here.
The team will look at your report and will take appropriate action, as quickly as possible
- You must be 16 years of age or older to use this Forum. Do not register if you are under the age of 16.
- Any abuse of the Rules which is not resolved to the satisfaction of the forum moderators or the BMW Car Club GB Ltd club management will result in the member being suspended from posting on the Forum for a period of time. Continual abuse will result in the account being deactivated and the account closed.
- No "Spamming", commercial posts or flooding the forum with useless content.
- No cross posting.
- Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to annoy people.
- Criticise ideas, not people.
- "Flaming or Trolling" will not be tolerated. This includes any material that is factually incorrect, vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, violates any laws or will bring the club into disrepute.
- Do not post or create links to any material that is pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectionable material. This includes suggestive images, graphics, and comments.
- Do not use objectionable language including swearing or simulated bad language. Language levels should be similar to those used in the club's magazine. Any offensive wording found will be edited by the moderator!
- No blatant trade advertising should be included within posts or signatures. This forum is not free advertising space. If you want to advertise then contact the Club Office. Click here for details.
- If you have an item for sale please use one of the forums listed in the "For Sale" section of the main forum.
- People registering with a false real name will be deleted from the system if discovered.
- All members must provide a valid email address when registering.
- Members deemed by the moderators to be posting in a conspiratorial manner against the best interests of the club will have their access rights removed on a permanent basis. This will only be done if they continue their actions after being warned.
- To reach your target audience, please try to use the correct Forum! Incorrect postings may be removed from the forum.
- Do not create the same topic in more than one forum (cross posting). If you want to draw attention to a topic in another forum, post a note or a link.
- Use a descriptive Topic Subject as this helps others find what they want to read.
- Do not double post - search the forum first as questions may have been answered before.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other members phone numbers, addresses, pictures, or reproduce any emails without the owner's permission as this is a breach of the Data protection Act (1998).
- Do not dig up old threads. If you want to continue an old discussion (older than 1 month), create a new thread and reference the old one in your post.
- This is not a political or religious site; this is a BMW Enthusiasts site. Do not post on any issue that can be considered as political as someone will always be offended.
- Do not post messages with the subject or post all in capital letters, or your message will be edited/removed. Words all in capitals are not only annoying but can be seen as shouting or aggressive and are read 50% slower than normal writing.
- Signatures will be no longer than 4 lines
- Signatures may contain 1 image (max. 600 x 150pixels).
- Signatures may contain a link to your personal site or sites that may be of use to other members but no advertising.
- Signatures are expected to follow the same guidelines as posts.
- The club accepts absolutely no responsibility for the information stated on the pages of the forum. This forum is a method for club members to communicate with each other.
- Maintenance tips offered by forum members, whilst helpful, may not necessarily offer a correct solution, so if in doubt then please contact your nearest BMW dealer or other suitable authority on the topic.
- We have an anti-spam rule.
- If you try to sell via the forum without first following the above mentioned instructions (19 & 20), it is more than likely that your posts will be deleted.
- We do not collect your email address (or any other details for that matter) for any use other than for verification on the forum (when registering, etc.). However, please note that as spammers use software which scan websites for email addresses, it is recommended that you do not have your email address shown (this is an option within your profile - see link at the top of the page). Your email address is still available to forum moderators.
- Events posted on the forum that are not approved by the club office or regional or register committees are unofficial, i.e. they are not recognised by the BMW Car Club GB Ltd, and as a result, anyone attending them will not be covered by the BMW Car Club's insurance policy in any way. By all means post a public event if you wish, but be aware of the above text.
Key: (source Wikipedea)
- Spamming: Electronic spamming is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited messages (spam), especially advertising, indiscriminately. As well as sending messages repeatedly on the same site
- Flaming: the act of posting deliberately hostile messages on the Internet used mainly by a troll.
- Trolling: A troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Registering on the forum means that you agree to follow these rules and guidelines.
Members who have already registered under the old rules are advised to read them thoroughly and change their profile if it does not fit to avoid possible problems later.
Reviewed and updated - October 2014